Temperamental Ramblings.
Friday, December 18, 2009
Northeast Corridor



Today while I was on the train, I started listening to Ted Leo; something I haven't really done in a long time.
I was shuffling through my playlist--trying to decide on which song I wanted to hear-- when I settled on The Northeast Corridor.

I have listened to this song hundreds of times before, but I had never stopped to think about the lyrics.
I have found myself in this exact situation. This song describes perfectly what I'm feeling right now; it's actually a little frightening--

In a good way. Ted does that to me.



You can stretch your arm out,
and you can keep your people at that length for as long as they'll stay.
You can't tell everyone everything;
Not everyone needs or wants to hear everything, anyway.

But for me, it's alright--
I can wait until the end of the night.

So when I tell you four and four makes eight,

and you tell me that haste is gonna make waste--

just remember not to lock the garden gate
because I'm coming when you call,
but I'm four hours away.


But for me it's alright--

I can wait until the end of the night.

And for you, it's okay--
Everyone is gonna tell you what they wanna hear, anyway.


The Northeast Corridor - Ted Leo